Scrabble word: STATES
In which Scrabble dictionary does STATES exist?
Definitions of STATES in dictionaries:
- noun - the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation
- noun - the way something is with respect to its main attributes
- noun - the group of people comprising the government of a sovereign state
- noun - a politically organized body of people under a single government
- noun - (chemistry) the three traditional states of matter are solids (fixed shape and volume) and liquids (fixed volume and shaped by the container) and gases (filling the container)
- noun - a state of depression or agitation
- noun - the territory occupied by a nation
- noun - the federal department in the United States that sets and maintains foreign policies
- verb - express in words
- verb - put before
- verb - indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.
- verb - to set forth in words