Scrabble word: TEST
In which Scrabble dictionary does TEST exist?
Definitions of TEST in dictionaries:
- noun - trying something to find out about it
- noun - any standardized procedure for measuring sensitivity or memory or intelligence or aptitude or personality etc
- noun - a set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge
- noun - the act of undergoing testing
- noun - the act of testing something
- noun - a hard outer covering as of some amoebas and sea urchins
- verb - put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to
- verb - test or examine for the presence of disease or infection
- verb - examine someone's knowledge of something
- verb - show a certain characteristic when tested
- verb - achieve a certain score or rating on a test
- verb - determine the presence or properties of (a substance)
- verb - undergo a test
- A procedure for critical evaluation; a means of determining the presence, quality, or truth of something; a trial: a test of one’s eyesight; subjecting a hypothesis to a test; a test of an athlete’s endurance.
- A series of questions, problems, or physical responses designed to determine knowledge, intelligence, or ability.
- A basis for evaluation or judgment: “A test of democratic government is how Congress and the president work together” (Haynes Johnson).
- A physical or chemical change by which a substance may be detected or its properties ascertained.
- A reagent used to cause or promote such a change.
- A positive result obtained.
- A cupel.
- To subject to a test; try: tested the pen by scribbling on scrap paper; testing each mango for ripeness by pressing and smelling it; testing job applicants.
- To determine the presence or properties of (a substance).
- To assay (metal) in a cupel.
- To undergo a test.
- To administer a test: test for acid content; test for the presence of an antibody.
- To achieve a score or rating on tests: took the entrance examinations and tested high.
- To exhibit a given characteristic when subjected to a test: test positive for the tubercle bacillus.
- A hard external covering, as that of certain amoebas, dinoflagellates, and sea urchins.
- adj - to subject to an examination [v -ED, -ING, -S] : TESTABLE