Scrabble word: ORPHAN
In which Scrabble dictionary does ORPHAN exist?
Definitions of ORPHAN in dictionaries:
- noun - a child who has lost both parents
- noun - someone or something who lacks support or care or supervision
- noun - the first line of a paragraph that is set as the last line of a page or column
- noun - a young animal without a mother
- verb - deprive of parents
- A child whose parents are dead.
- A child who has been deprived of parental care and has not been adopted.
- A young animal without a mother.
- One that lacks support, supervision, or care: A lack of corporate interest has made the subsidiary an orphan.
- Deprived of parents.
- Intended for orphans: an orphan home.
- Lacking support or supervision; abandoned: “an aggregation of every orphan technology at the Pentagon, stuff that’s been around for years that nobody would buy” (Harper’s).
- verb - to deprive of both parents