Scrabble word: HORN
In which Scrabble dictionary does HORN exist?
Definitions of HORN in dictionaries:
- noun - a noisemaker (as at parties or games) that makes a loud noise when you blow through it
- noun - one of the bony outgrowths on the heads of certain ungulates
- noun - a noise made by the driver of an automobile to give warning
- noun - a high pommel of a Western saddle (usually metal covered with leather)
- noun - a brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone
- noun - any hard protuberance from the head of an organism that is similar to or suggestive of a horn
- noun - the material (mostly keratin) that covers the horns of ungulates and forms hooves and claws and nails
- noun - a device having the shape of a horn
- noun - an alarm device that makes a loud warning sound
- noun - a brass musical instrument consisting of a conical tube that is coiled into a spiral and played by means of valves
- noun - a device on an automobile for making a warning noise
- verb - stab or pierce with a horn or tusk
- One of the hard, usually permanent structures projecting from the head of certain mammals, such as cattle, sheep, goats, or antelopes, consisting of a bony core covered with a sheath of keratinous material.
- A hard protuberance, such as an antler or a projection on the head of a giraffe or rhinoceros, that is similar to or suggestive of a horn.
- The hard, smooth keratinous material forming the outer covering of the horns of cattle or related animals.
- A natural or synthetic substance resembling this material.
- A container, such as a powder horn, made from a horn.
- A horn of plenty; a cornucopia.
- Either of the ends of a new moon.
- The point of an anvil.
- The pommel of a saddle.
- An ear trumpet.
- A device for projecting sound waves, as in a loudspeaker.
- A hollow, metallic electromagnetic transmission antenna with a circular or rectangular cross section.
- A wind instrument made of an animal horn.
- A brass wind instrument, such as a trombone or tuba.
- A French horn.
- A wind instrument, such as a trumpet or saxophone, used in a jazz band.
- A usually electrical signaling device that produces a loud, resonant sound: an automobile horn.
- Any of various noisemakers operated by blowing or by squeezing a hollow rubber ball.
- A telephone.
- To restrain oneself; draw back.
- To retreat from a previously taken position, view, or stance.
- To economize.
- verb - to form a horn (a hard, bonelike projection of the head)