Scrabble word: HONOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does HONOR exist?
Definitions of HONOR in dictionaries:
- noun - a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction
- noun - the state of being honored
- noun - the quality of being honorable and having a good name
- noun - a woman's virtue or chastity
- verb - bestow honor or rewards upon
- verb - show respect towards
- verb - accept as pay
- High respect, as that shown for special merit; esteem: the honor shown to a Nobel laureate.
- Good name; reputation.
- A source or cause of credit: was an honor to the profession.
- Glory or recognition; distinction.
- A mark, token, or gesture of respect or distinction: the place of honor at the table.
- A military decoration.
- A title conferred for achievement.
- Nobility of mind; probity.
- High rank.
- The dignity accorded to position: awed by the honor of his office.
- Great privilege: I have the honor to present the governor.
- A code of integrity, dignity, and pride, chiefly among men, that was maintained in some societies, as in feudal Europe, by force of arms.
- Principled uprightness of character; personal integrity.
- A woman’s chastity or reputation for chastity.
- Special recognition for unusual academic achievement: graduated with honors.
- A program of individual advanced study for exceptional students: planned to take honors in history.
- The right of being first at the tee in golf.
- Any of the four or five highest cards, especially the ace, king, queen, jack, and ten of the trump suit, in card games such as bridge or whist.
- The points allotted to these cards.
- To hold in respect; esteem.
- To show respect for.
- To bow to (another dancer) in square dancing: Honor your partner.
- To confer distinction on: He has honored us with his presence.
- These nouns denote admiration, respect, or esteem accorded to another as a right or as due.
- verb - to treat with respect
There are 5 letters in HONOR: H N O O R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to HONOR
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word HONOR plus a wildcard: HONOR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word HONOR
Images for HONOR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.