Scrabble word: HONOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does HONOR exist?
Definitions of HONOR in dictionaries:
- noun - a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction
- noun - the state of being honored
- noun - the quality of being honorable and having a good name
- noun - a woman's virtue or chastity
- verb - bestow honor or rewards upon
- verb - show respect towards
- verb - accept as pay
- High respect, as that shown for special merit; esteem: the honor shown to a Nobel laureate.
- Good name; reputation.
- A source or cause of credit: was an honor to the profession.
- Glory or recognition; distinction.
- A mark, token, or gesture of respect or distinction: the place of honor at the table.
- A military decoration.
- A title conferred for achievement.
- Nobility of mind; probity.
- High rank.
- The dignity accorded to position: awed by the honor of his office.
- Great privilege: I have the honor to present the governor.
- A code of integrity, dignity, and pride, chiefly among men, that was maintained in some societies, as in feudal Europe, by force of arms.
- Principled uprightness of character; personal integrity.
- A woman’s chastity or reputation for chastity.
- Special recognition for unusual academic achievement: graduated with honors.
- A program of individual advanced study for exceptional students: planned to take honors in history.
- The right of being first at the tee in golf.
- Any of the four or five highest cards, especially the ace, king, queen, jack, and ten of the trump suit, in card games such as bridge or whist.
- The points allotted to these cards.
- To hold in respect; esteem.
- To show respect for.
- To bow to (another dancer) in square dancing: Honor your partner.
- To confer distinction on: He has honored us with his presence.
- These nouns denote admiration, respect, or esteem accorded to another as a right or as due.
- verb - to treat with respect