Scrabble word: REASON
In which Scrabble dictionary does REASON exist?
Definitions of REASON in dictionaries:
- noun - a rational motive for a belief or action
- noun - an explanation of the cause of some phenomenon
- noun - the capacity for rational thought or inference or discrimination
- noun - the state of having good sense and sound judgment
- noun - a justification for something existing or happening
- noun - a fact that logically justifies some premise or conclusion
- verb - decide by reasoning
- verb - present reasons and arguments
- verb - think logically
- The basis or motive for an action, a decision, or a conviction.
- A declaration made to explain or justify an action, a decision, or a conviction: inquired about her reason for leaving.
- An underlying fact or cause that provides logical sense for a premise or an occurrence: There is reason to believe that the accused did not commit this crime.
- The capacity for logical, rational, and analytic thought; intelligence.
- Good judgment; sound sense.
- A normal mental state; sanity: He has lost his reason.
- A premise, usually the minor premise, of an argument.
- To use the faculty of reason; think logically.
- To talk or argue logically and persuasively.
- To engage in conversation or discussion.
- To determine or conclude by logical thinking: reasoned out a solution to the problem.
- These nouns refer to the intellectual faculty by means of which human beings seek or attain knowledge or truth.
- verb - to derive inferences or conclusions from known or presumed facts