Scrabble word: THE
In which Scrabble dictionary does THE exist?
Definitions of THE in dictionaries:
- Used before singular or plural nouns and noun phrases that denote particular, specified persons or things: the baby; the dress I wore.
- Used before a noun, and generally stressed, to emphasize one of a group or type as the most outstanding or prominent: considered Lake Shore Drive to be the neighborhood to live in these days.
- Used to indicate uniqueness: the Prince of Wales; the moon.
- Used before nouns that designate natural phenomena or points of the compass: the weather; a wind from the south.
- Used as the equivalent of a possessive adjective before names of some parts of the body: grab him by the neck; an infection of the hand.
- Used before a noun specifying a field of endeavor: the law; the film industry; the stage.
- Used before the plural form of a numeral denoting a specific decade of a century or of a life span: rural life in the Thirties.
- Used before a singular noun indicating that the noun is generic: The wolf is an endangered species.
- Used before an adjective extending it to signify a class and giving it the function of a noun: the rich; the dead; the homeless.
- Used before an absolute adjective: the best we can offer.
- Used before a present participle, signifying the action in the abstract: the weaving of rugs.
- Used before a noun with the force of per: cherries at $1.
- Because of that.
- To that extent; by that much: the sooner the better.
- Beyond any other: enjoyed reading the most.
- definite_article - used to specify or make particular
There are 3 letters in THE: E H T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to THE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word THE plus a wildcard: THE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word THE
Images for THE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.