Scrabble word: THE
In which Scrabble dictionary does THE exist?
Definitions of THE in dictionaries:
- Used before singular or plural nouns and noun phrases that denote particular, specified persons or things: the baby; the dress I wore.
- Used before a noun, and generally stressed, to emphasize one of a group or type as the most outstanding or prominent: considered Lake Shore Drive to be the neighborhood to live in these days.
- Used to indicate uniqueness: the Prince of Wales; the moon.
- Used before nouns that designate natural phenomena or points of the compass: the weather; a wind from the south.
- Used as the equivalent of a possessive adjective before names of some parts of the body: grab him by the neck; an infection of the hand.
- Used before a noun specifying a field of endeavor: the law; the film industry; the stage.
- Used before the plural form of a numeral denoting a specific decade of a century or of a life span: rural life in the Thirties.
- Used before a singular noun indicating that the noun is generic: The wolf is an endangered species.
- Used before an adjective extending it to signify a class and giving it the function of a noun: the rich; the dead; the homeless.
- Used before an absolute adjective: the best we can offer.
- Used before a present participle, signifying the action in the abstract: the weaving of rugs.
- Used before a noun with the force of per: cherries at $1.
- Because of that.
- To that extent; by that much: the sooner the better.
- Beyond any other: enjoyed reading the most.
- definite_article - used to specify or make particular