Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: HEAT
In which Scrabble dictionary does HEAT exist?
Definitions of HEAT in dictionaries:
- noun - a form of energy that is transferred by a difference in temperature
- noun - the presence of heat
- noun - the sensation caused by heat energy
- noun - the trait of being intensely emotional
- noun - applies to nonhuman mammals: a state or period of heightened sexual arousal and activity
- noun - a preliminary race in which the winner advances to a more important race
- noun - utility to warm a building
- verb - make hot or hotter
- verb - provide with heat
- verb - arouse or excite feelings and passions
- verb - gain heat or get hot
- A form of energy associated with the motion of atoms or molecules and capable of being transmitted through solid and fluid media by conduction, through fluid media by convection, and through empty space by radiation.
- The sensation or perception of such energy as warmth or hotness.
- An abnormally high bodily temperature, as from a fever.
- The condition of being hot.
- A degree of warmth or hotness: The burner was on low heat.
- The warming of a room or building by a furnace or another source of energy: The house was cheap to rent, but the heat was expensive.
- A furnace or other source of warmth in a room or building: The heat was on when we returned from work.
- A hot season; a spell of hot weather.
- Intensity, as of passion, emotion, color, appearance, or effect.
- The most intense or active stage: the heat of battle.
- A burning sensation in the mouth produced by spicy flavoring in food.
- One of a series of efforts or attempts.
- Sports & Games.
- A preliminary contest held to determine finalists.
- Pressure; stress.
- An intensification of police activity in pursuing criminals.
- The police.
- Adverse comments or hostile criticism: Heat from the press forced the senator to resign.
- A firearm, especially a pistol.
- To make warm or hot.
- To excite the feelings of; inflame.
- To become warm or hot.
- To become acute or intense: “If inflation heats up, interest rates could increase” (Christian Science Monitor).
- adj - having a high temperature
There are 4 letters in HEAT: A E H T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to HEAT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word HEAT plus a wildcard: HEAT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word HEAT
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for HEAT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.