Scrabble word: HASTE
In which Scrabble dictionary does HASTE exist?
Definitions of HASTE in dictionaries:
- noun - overly eager speed (and possible carelessness)
- noun - the act of moving hurriedly and in a careless manner
- noun - a condition of urgency making it necessary to hurry
- Rapidity of action or motion.
- Overeagerness to act.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “rapidity or promptness of movement or activity”: left the room in haste; a legal system not known for celerity; advanced with all possible dispatch; cleaned up the room with remarkable expedition; worked systematically but without hurry; driving with excessive speed.
- verb - to move swiftly