Scrabble word: PERISH
In which Scrabble dictionary does PERISH exist?
Definitions of PERISH in dictionaries:
- verb - pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life
- To die or be destroyed, especially in a violent or untimely manner: “Must then a Christ perish in torment in every age to save those who have no imagination?” (George Bernard Shaw).
- To pass from existence; disappear gradually: “Man will go down into the pit, and all his thoughts will perish” (A.
- To bring to destruction; destroy: “Many foul blights/Perish’d his hard won gains” (Thomas Hood).
- verb - to cut with a die (a device for shaping material)
- verb - to cease living