Scrabble word: HIRE
In which Scrabble dictionary does HIRE exist?
Definitions of HIRE in dictionaries:
- noun - a newly hired employee
- noun - the act of hiring something or someone
- verb - engage or hire for work
- verb - hold under a lease or rental agreement
- verb - engage for service under a term of contract
- To engage the services of (a person) for a fee; employ: hired a new clerk.
- To engage the temporary use of for a fee; rent: hire a car for the day.
- To obtain work: She hired on as a deck hand.
- The act of hiring.
- The condition or fact of being hired.
- Payment for services; wages.
- Payment for the use of something.
- One who is hired: two new hires in the sales department.
- adj - to engage the services of for payment [v HIRED, HIRING, HIRES] : HIREABLE