Scrabble word: PROTEST
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROTEST exist?
Definitions of PROTEST in dictionaries:
- noun - a formal and solemn declaration of objection
- noun - the act of protesting
- noun - the act of making a strong public expression of disagreement and disapproval
- verb - utter words of protest
- verb - express opposition through action or words
- verb - affirm or avow formally or solemnly
- To object to, especially in a formal statement.
- To promise or affirm with earnest solemnity: “He continually protested his profound respect” (Frank Norris).
- To declare (a bill) dishonored or refused.
- To proclaim or make known: “unrough youths that even now/Protest their first of manhood” (Shakespeare).
- To express strong objection.
- To make an earnest avowal or affirmation.
- A formal declaration of disapproval or objection issued by a concerned person, group, or organization.
- An individual or collective gesture or display of disapproval.
- A formal statement drawn up by a notary for a creditor declaring that the debtor has refused to accept or honor a bill.
- A formal declaration made by a taxpayer stating that the tax demanded is illegal or excessive and reserving the right to contest it.
- verb - to express strong objection