Scrabble word: THAT
In which Scrabble dictionary does THAT exist?
Definitions of THAT in dictionaries:
- Used to refer to the one, thing, or type specified as follows: The relics found were those of an earlier time.
- Used to refer to the event, action, or time just mentioned: After that, he became a recluse.
- Used to indicate the farther or less immediate one: That is for sale; this is not.
- Used to emphasize the idea of a previously expressed word or phrase: He was fed up, and that to a great degree.
- The one, kind, or thing; something: She followed the calling of that she loved.
- Used as a relative pronoun to introduce a clause, especially a restrictive clause: the car that has the flat tire.
- In, on, by, or with which: each summer that the concerts are performed.
- According to what; insofar as: He never knew her, that I know of.
- Being the one singled out, implied, or understood: that place; those mountains.
- Being the one further removed or less obvious: That route is shorter than this one.
- To a high degree; very: didn’t take what he said that seriously.
- Used to introduce a noun clause that is usually the subject or object of a verb or a predicate nominative: “That contemporary American English is exuberantly vigorous is undeniable” (William Arrowsmith).
- Used to introduce a subordinate clause stating a result, wish, purpose, reason, or cause: She hoped that he would arrive on time.
- Used to introduce an anticipated subordinate clause following the expletive it occurring as subject of the verb: It is true that dental work is expensive.
- Used to introduce a subordinate clause modifying an adverb or adverbial expression: will go anywhere that they are welcome.
- Used to introduce a subordinate clause that is joined to an adjective or noun as a complement: was sure that she was right; the belief that rates will rise soon.
- Used to introduce an elliptical exclamation of desire: Oh, that I were rich! —idioms.
- In addition; besides: lived in one room, and a small room at that.
- The standard rule is that that should be used only to introduce a restrictive (or “defining”) relative clause, which serves to identify the entity being talked about; in this use it should never be preceded by a comma.
- pron - the one indicated
There are 4 letters in THAT: A H T T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to THAT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word THAT plus a wildcard: THAT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word THAT
Images for THAT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.