Scrabble word: STRAINED
In which Scrabble dictionary does STRAINED exist?
Definitions of STRAINED in dictionaries:
- verb - to exert much effort or energy
- verb - test the limits of
- verb - use to the utmost
- verb - separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements
- verb - cause to be tense and uneasy or nervous or anxious
- verb - become stretched or tense or taut
- verb - remove by passing through a filter
- verb - rub through a strainer or process in an electric blender
- verb - alter the shape of (something) by stress
- adj - lacking natural ease
- adj - showing signs of mental and emotional tension
- adj - lacking spontaneity
- adj - struggling for effect
- Having been passed through a strainer: a bowl of strained peaches.
- Done with or marked by excessive effort; forced: strained humor.
- Extended beyond proper limits: a strained meaning.
- Antagonized to the verge of open conflict: strained relations.
- verb - to exert to the utmost
There are 8 letters in STRAINED: A D E I N R S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STRAINED
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STRAINED plus a wildcard: STRAINED?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STRAINED
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for STRAINED
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.