Scrabble word: SEND
In which Scrabble dictionary does SEND exist?
Definitions of SEND in dictionaries:
- verb - cause to go somewhere
- verb - to cause or order to be taken, directed, or transmitted to another place
- verb - cause to be directed or transmitted to another place
- verb - transport commercially
- verb - assign to a station
- verb - transfer
- verb - cause to be admitted
- verb - broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television
- To cause to be conveyed by an intermediary to a destination: send goods by plane.
- To dispatch, as by a communications medium: send a message by radio.
- To direct to go on a mission: sent troops into the Middle East.
- To require or enable to go: sent her children to college.
- To direct (a person) to a source of information; refer: sent the student to the reference section of the library.
- To give off (heat, for example); emit or issue: a stove that sends forth great warmth.
- To utter or otherwise emit (sound): sent forth a cry of pain.
- To hit so as to direct or propel with force; drive: The batter sent the ball to left field.
- To cause to take place or occur: We will meet whatever vicissitudes fate may send.
- To put or drive into a given state or condition: horrifying news that sent them into a panic.
- To transport with delight; carry away: That music really sends me.
- To dispatch someone to do an errand or convey a message: Let’s send out for hamburgers.
- To dispatch a request or an order, especially by mail: send away for a new catalogue.
- To suspend or dismiss from a university.
- To cause to arrive or to be delivered to the recipient: Let’s send in a letter of protest.
- To put (a player) into or back into a game or contest: The coach is sending in the kicker.
- To cause (someone) to arrive in or become involved in a particular place or situation: The commander sent in the sappers.
- To send to jail: was sent up for 20 years.
- To cause to be knocked or scattered about with force: a blow to the table that sent the dishes flying.
- verb - to rise upward, as a ship on a wave
- adj - to cause to go [v SENT, SENDING, SENDS] : SENDABLE