Scrabble word: SPEND
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPEND exist?
Definitions of SPEND in dictionaries:
- verb - pass time in a specific way
- verb - pay out
- verb - spend completely
- To use up or put out; expend: spent an hour each day exercising.
- To pay out (money).
- To wear out; exhaust: The storm finally spent itself.
- To pass (time) in a specified manner or place: spent their vacation in Paris.
- To throw away; squander: spent all their creative resources on futile projects.
- To give up (one’s time or efforts, for example) to a cause; sacrifice.
- To pay out or expend money.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to pay or give out money or an equivalent in return for something”: spent five dollars for a movie ticket; disbursing funds from the corporate account; expending energy on a project.
- verb - to pay out