Scrabble word: SAND
In which Scrabble dictionary does SAND exist?
Definitions of SAND in dictionaries:
- noun - a loose material consisting of grains of rock or coral
- noun - French writer known for works concerning women's rights and independence (1804-1876)
- noun - fortitude and determination
- verb - rub with sandpaper
- Small, loose grains of worn or disintegrated rock.
- A sedimentary material, finer than a granule and coarser than silt, with grains between 0.
- Often sands.
- The loose, granular, gritty particles in an hourglass.
- Courage; stamina; perseverance: “She had more sand in her than any girl I ever see; in my opinion she was just full of sand” (Mark Twain).
- A light grayish brown to yellowish gray.
- To sprinkle or cover with or as if with sand.
- To polish or scrape with sand or sandpaper.
- To mix with sand.
- To fill up (a harbor) with sand.
- adj - to smooth by rubbing with an abrasive [v -ED, -ING, -S] : SANDABLE