Scrabble word: STRIDE
In which Scrabble dictionary does STRIDE exist?
Definitions of STRIDE in dictionaries:
- noun - a step in walking or running
- noun - the distance covered by a step
- noun - significant progress (especially in the phrase "make strides")
- verb - walk with long steps
- verb - cover or traverse by taking long steps
- To walk with long steps, especially in a hasty or vigorous way.
- To take a single long step, as in passing over an obstruction.
- To stand or sit astride; straddle.
- To walk with long steps on, along, or over: striding the stage.
- To step over or across: stride a brook.
- To be astride of; straddle.
- The act of striding.
- A single long step.
- The distance traveled in such a step.
- A single coordinated movement of the four legs of a horse or other animal, completed when the legs return to their initial relative position.
- The distance traveled in such a movement.
- A step of progress; an advance.
- To achieve a steady, effective pace.
- To attain a maximum level of competence.
- verb - to walk with long steps