Scrabble word: TIDE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TIDE exist?
Definitions of TIDE in dictionaries:
- noun - the periodic rise and fall of the sea level under the gravitational pull of the moon
- noun - something that may increase or decrease (like the tides of the sea)
- noun - there are usually two high and two low tides each day
- verb - rise or move forward
- verb - cause to float with the tide
- verb - be carried with the tide
- The periodic variation in the surface level of the oceans and of bays, gulfs, inlets, and estuaries, caused by gravitational attraction of the moon and sun.
- A specific occurrence of such a variation: awaiting the next high tide.
- Flood tide.
- Stress exerted on a body or part of a body by gravitational attraction of another: atmospheric tide; the tides that wrack Saturn’s moons.
- Something that fluctuates like the waters of the tide: a rising tide of discontent.
- A time or season.
- A favorable occasion; an opportunity.
- To rise and fall like the tide.
- To carry along with or as if with the tide.
- To betide; befall.
- verb - to flow like the tide (the rise and fall of the ocean's waters)