Scrabble word: DEBIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEBIT exist?
Definitions of DEBIT in dictionaries:
- noun - an accounting entry acknowledging sums that are owing
- verb - enter as debit
- An item of debt as recorded in an account.
- An entry of a sum in the debit or left-hand side of an account.
- The sum of such entries.
- The left-hand side of an account or accounting ledger where bookkeeping entries are made.
- A drawback; a detriment.
- To enter (a sum) on the left-hand side of an account or accounting ledger.
- To charge with a debit: The bank debited my account for the overdrawn check.
- verb - to charge with a debt