Scrabble word: BITE
In which Scrabble dictionary does BITE exist?
Definitions of BITE in dictionaries:
- noun - a wound resulting from biting by an animal or a person
- noun - a small amount of solid food
- noun - a painful wound caused by the thrust of an insect's stinger into skin
- noun - a light informal meal
- noun - (angling) an instance of a fish taking the bait
- noun - wit having a sharp and caustic quality
- noun - a strong odor or taste property
- noun - the act of gripping or chewing off with the teeth and jaws
- noun - a portion removed from the whole
- verb - to grip, cut off, or tear with or as if with the teeth or jaws
- verb - cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort
- verb - penetrate or cut, as with a knife
- verb - deliver a sting to
- To cut, grip, or tear with or as if with the teeth.
- To pierce the skin of with the teeth, fangs, or mouthparts.
- To sting with a stinger.
- To cut into with or as if with a sharp instrument: The sword bit straight through the wooden shield.
- To grip, grab, or seize: bald treads that couldn’t bite the icy road; bitten by a sudden desire to travel.
- To eat into; corrode.
- To cause to sting or be painful: cold that bites the skin; a conscience bitten by remorse.
- To grip, cut into, or injure something with or as if with the teeth.
- To have a stinging effect.
- To have a sharp taste.
- To take or swallow bait.
- To be taken in by a ploy or deception: tried to sell the Brooklyn Bridge, but no one bit.
- The act of biting.
- A skin wound or puncture produced by an animal’s teeth or mouthparts: the bite of an insect.
- A stinging or smarting sensation.
- An incisive, penetrating quality: the bite of satire.
- An amount removed by or as if by an act of biting: Rezoning took a bite out of the town’s residential area.
- An amount of food taken into the mouth at one time; a mouthful.
- A light meal or snack.
- The act or an instance of taking bait: fished all day without a bite; an ad that got a few bites but no final sales.
- A secure grip or hold applied by a tool or machine upon a working surface.
- The part of a tool or machine that presses against and maintains a firm hold on a working surface.
- The angle at which the upper and lower teeth meet; occlusion.
- The corrosive action of acid upon an etcher’s metal plate.
- An amount of money appropriated or withheld: trying to avoid the tax bite.
- To fall dead, especially in combat.
- To be defeated.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to seize and tear or grind something with the teeth”: bite into a ripe tomato; horses champing grain; a dog gnawing a bone.
- adj - to seize with the teeth [v BIT, BITTEN, BITING, BITES] : BITEABLE
There are 4 letters in BITE: B E I T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BITE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BITE plus a wildcard: BITE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BITE
Images for BITE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.