Scrabble word: TRIBE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TRIBE exist?
Definitions of TRIBE in dictionaries:
- noun - a social division of (usually preliterate) people
- noun - a federation (as of American Indians)
- noun - (biology) a taxonomic category between a genus and a subfamily
- noun - group of people related by blood or marriage
- A unit of social organization consisting of a number of families, clans, or other groups who share a common ancestry, culture, and leadership.
- Any of the three divisions of the ancient Romans, namely, the Latin, Sabine, and Etruscan.
- Any of the 12 divisions of ancient Israel.
- A phyle of ancient Greece.
- A group of people sharing an occupation, an interest, or a habit: a tribe of graduate students.
- A large family.
- A taxonomic category placed between a subfamily and a genus or between a suborder and a family and usually containing several genera.
- noun - a group of people sharing a common ancestry, language, and culture