Scrabble word: BIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does BIT exist?
Definitions of BIT in dictionaries:
- noun - a small piece or quantity of something
- noun - a small fragment of something broken off from the whole
- noun - an indefinitely short time
- noun - an instance of some kind
- noun - piece of metal held in horse's mouth by reins and used to control the horse while riding
- noun - a unit of measurement of information (from binary + digit)
- noun - a small amount of solid food
- noun - a small fragment
- noun - a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program
- noun - the part of a key that enters a lock and lifts the tumblers
- noun - the cutting part of a drill
- verb - to grip, cut off, or tear with or as if with the teeth or jaws
- verb - cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort
- verb - penetrate or cut, as with a knife
- verb - deliver a sting to
- A small portion, degree, or amount: a bit of lint; a bit of luck.
- A brief amount of time; a moment: Wait a bit.
- A short scene or episode in a theatrical performance.
- A bit part.
- An entertainment routine given regularly by a performer; an act.
- A particular kind of action, situation, or behavior: got tired of the macho bit.
- An amount equal to 8 of a dollar: two bits.
- A small coin: a threepenny bit.
- The sharp part of a tool, such as the cutting edge of a knife or ax.
- A pointed and threaded tool for drilling and boring that is secured in a brace, bitstock, or drill press.
- The part of a key that enters the lock and engages the bolt and tumblers.
- The tip of the mouthpiece on a pipe or a cigarette or cigar holder.
- The metal mouthpiece of a bridle, serving to control, curb, and direct an animal.
- Something that controls, guides, or curbs.
- To place a bit in the mouth of (a horse, for example).
- To check or control with or as if with a bit.
- To make or grind a bit on (a key).
- A single character of a language having just two characters, as either of the binary digits 0 or 1.
- A unit of information equivalent to the choice of either of two equally likely alternatives.
- A unit of information storage capacity, as of memory.
- verb - to hold back from action
There are 3 letters in BIT: B I T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BIT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BIT plus a wildcard: BIT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BIT
Images for BIT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.