Scrabble word: EDIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does EDIT exist?
Definitions of EDIT in dictionaries:
- verb - prepare for publication or presentation by correcting, revising, or adapting
- verb - supervise the publication of
- verb - cut and assemble the components of
- verb - cut or eliminate
- To prepare (written material) for publication or presentation, as by correcting, revising, or adapting.
- To prepare an edition of for publication: edit a collection of short stories.
- To modify or adapt so as to make suitable or acceptable: edited her remarks for presentation to a younger audience.
- To supervise the publication of (a newspaper or magazine, for example).
- To assemble the components of (a film or soundtrack, for example), as by cutting and splicing.
- An act or instance of editing: made several last-minute edits for reasons of space.
- adj - to correct and prepare for publication [v -ED, -ING, -S] : EDITABLE