Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: DRAIN
In which Scrabble dictionary does DRAIN exist?
Definitions of DRAIN in dictionaries:
- noun - emptying something accomplished by allowing liquid to run out of it
- noun - tube inserted into a body cavity (as during surgery) to remove unwanted material
- noun - a pipe through which liquid is carried away
- noun - a gradual depletion of energy or resources
- verb - flow off gradually
- verb - deplete of resources
- verb - empty of liquid
- verb - make weak
- To draw off (a liquid) by a gradual process: drained water from the sink.
- To cause liquid to go out from; empty: drained the bathtub; drain the pond.
- To draw off the surface water of: The Mississippi River drains a vast area.
- To drink all the contents of: drained the cup.
- To deplete gradually, especially to the point of complete exhaustion.
- To fatigue or spend emotionally or physically: The day’s events completely drained me of all strength.
- To flow off or out: Gasoline drained slowly from the tilted can.
- To become empty by the drawing off of liquid: watched the tub slowly drain.
- To discharge surface or excess water: The Niagara River drains into Lake Ontario.
- To become gradually depleted; dwindle: felt his enthusiasm draining.
- A pipe or channel by which liquid is drawn off.
- A device, such as a tube, inserted into the opening of a wound or body cavity to facilitate discharge of fluid or purulent material.
- The act or process of draining.
- A gradual outflow or loss; consumption or depletion: the drain of young talent by emigration.
- Something that causes a gradual loss: interruptions that are a drain on my patience.
- verb - to draw off a liquid
There are 5 letters in DRAIN: A D I N R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DRAIN
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DRAIN plus a wildcard: DRAIN?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DRAIN
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for DRAIN
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.