Scrabble word: TREAD
In which Scrabble dictionary does TREAD exist?
Definitions of TREAD in dictionaries:
- noun - a step in walking or running
- noun - the grooved surface of a pneumatic tire
- noun - the part (as of a wheel or shoe) that makes contact with the ground
- noun - structural member consisting of the horizontal part of a stair or step
- verb - put down or press the foot, place the foot
- verb - tread or stomp heavily or roughly
- verb - crush as if by treading on
- verb - brace (an archer's bow) by pressing the foot against the center
- verb - apply (the tread) to a tire
- verb - mate with
- To walk on, over, or along.
- To press beneath the feet; trample.
- To subdue harshly or cruelly; crush.
- To form by walking or trampling: tread a path.
- To execute by walking or dancing: tread a measure.
- To copulate with.
- To go on foot; walk.
- To set down the foot; step.
- To press, crush, or injure something by or as if by trampling.
- To copulate.
- The act, manner, or sound of treading.
- An instance of treading; a step.
- The upper horizontal part of a step in a staircase.
- The part of a wheel or tire that makes contact with the road or rails.
- The grooved face of a tire.
- The part of a shoe sole that touches the ground.
- To keep the head above water while in an upright position by pumping the legs.
- To expend effort but make little or no progress to achievement of a goal or an end.
- verb - to walk on, over, or along