Scrabble word: TEND
In which Scrabble dictionary does TEND exist?
Definitions of TEND in dictionaries:
- verb - have a tendency or disposition to do or be something
- verb - have care of or look after
- verb - manage or run
- To have a tendency: paint that tends toward bubbling and peeling over time.
- To be disposed or inclined: tends toward exaggeration.
- To move or extend in a certain direction: Our ship tended northward.
- To have the care of; watch over; look after: tend a child.
- To manage the activities and transactions of; run: tend bar; tend a store in the owner’s absence.
- To be an attendant or a servant.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to have the care or supervision of”: tended her plants; attending the sick; minded the furnace; ministering to flood victims; watched the house while the owners were away.
- verb - to be disposed or inclined