Scrabble word: DEGENERATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEGENERATE exist?
Definitions of DEGENERATE in dictionaries:
- noun - a person whose behavior deviates from what is acceptable especially in sexual behavior
- verb - grow worse
- adj - unrestrained by convention or morality
- Having declined, as in function or nature, from a former or original state: a degenerate form of an ancient folk art.
- Having fallen to an inferior or undesirable state, especially in mental or moral qualities.
- Taking on several discrete values or existing in two or more quantum states: degenerate energy levels.
- Characterized by great density and consisting of atoms stripped of electrons: degenerate matter.
- Characterized by degeneration, as of tissue, a cell, or an organ.
- Having lost one or more highly developed functions, characteristics, or structures through evolution: a degenerate life form.
- Coding for the same amino acid as another codon.
- Having more than one codon specify the same amino acid.
- A depraved, corrupt, or vicious person.
- A person lacking or having progressively lost normative biological or psychological characteristics.
- To fall below a normal or desirable state, especially functionally or morally; deteriorate: old water pipes that are degenerating with age; a dispute that degenerated into a brawl.
- To decline in quality: The quality of his writing degenerated as he continued to drink.
- To undergo degeneration.