Scrabble word: DEGREE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEGREE exist?
Definitions of DEGREE in dictionaries:
- noun - a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality
- noun - a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process
- noun - an award conferred by a college or university signifying that the recipient has satisfactorily completed a course of study
- noun - a measure for arcs and angles
- noun - the highest power of a term or variable
- noun - a unit of temperature on a specified scale
- noun - the seriousness of something (e.g., a burn or crime)
- One of a series of steps in a process, course, or progression; a stage: rose by degrees from clerk to manager of the store.
- A step in a direct hereditary line of descent or ascent: First cousins are two degrees from their common ancestor.
- Relative social or official rank, dignity, or position.
- Relative intensity or amount, as of a quality or an attribute: a high degree of accuracy.
- The extent or measure of a state of being, an action, or a relation: modernized their facilities to a large degree.
- A planar unit of angular measure equal in magnitude to 360 of a complete revolution.
- A unit of latitude or longitude, equal to 360 of a great circle.
- The greatest sum of the exponents of the variables in a term of a polynomial or polynomial equation.
- The exponent of the derivative of highest order in a differential equation in standard form.
- An academic title given by a college or university to a student who has completed a course of study: received the Bachelor of Arts degree at commencement.
- A similar title conferred as an honorary distinction.
- A division or classification of a specific crime according to its seriousness: murder in the second degree.
- A classification of the severity of an injury, especially a burn: a third-degree burn.
- One of the forms used in the comparison of adjectives and adverbs.
- One of the seven notes of a diatonic scale.
- A space or line of the staff.
- adj - one of a series of stages [n -S] : DEGREED