Scrabble word: EDGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does EDGE exist?
Definitions of EDGE in dictionaries:
- noun - the boundary of a surface
- noun - a line determining the limits of an area
- noun - a sharp side formed by the intersection of two surfaces of an object
- noun - the attribute of urgency in tone of voice
- noun - a slight competitive advantage
- noun - the outside limit of an object or area or surface
- verb - advance slowly, as if by inches
- verb - provide with a border or edge
- verb - lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
- verb - provide with an edge
- A thin, sharpened side, as of the blade of a cutting instrument.
- The degree of sharpness of a cutting blade.
- A penetrating, incisive quality: “His simplicity sets off the satire, and gives it a finer edge” (William Hazlitt).
- Keenness, as of desire or enjoyment; zest: The brisk walk gave an edge to my appetite.
- The line of intersection of two surfaces: the edge of a brick; the rounded edges of the table.
- A rim or brink: the edge of a cliff.
- The area or part away from the middle; an extremity: lifted the edge of the carpet.
- A point of transition: on the edge of war.
- To give an edge to (a blade); sharpen.
- To tilt (a ski or both skis) in such a way that an edge or both edges bite into the snow.
- To put a border or edge on: edged the quilt with fanciful embroidery.
- To act as or be an edge of: flowers that edged the garden path.
- To advance or push slightly or gradually: The dog edged the ball toward the child with its nose.
- To move gradually or hesitantly: The child edged toward the door.
- In a precarious position.
- In a state of keen excitement, as from danger or risk: “the excitement of combat, of living on the edge” (Nelson DeMille).
- verb - to provide with an edge (a bounding or dividing line)
There are 4 letters in EDGE: D E E G
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to EDGE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word EDGE plus a wildcard: EDGE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word EDGE
Images for EDGE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.