Scrabble word: HEDGE
Is HEDGE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of HEDGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a fence formed by a row of closely planted shrubs or bushes
- noun - any technique designed to reduce or eliminate financial risk
- noun - an intentionally noncommittal or ambiguous statement
- verb - avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
- verb - hinder or restrict with or as if with a hedge
- verb - enclose or bound in with or as it with a hedge or hedges
- verb - minimize loss or risk
- A row of closely planted shrubs or low-growing trees forming a fence or boundary.
- A line of people or objects forming a barrier: a hedge of spectators along the sidewalk.
- A means of protection or defense, especially against financial loss: a hedge against inflation.
- A securities transaction that reduces the risk on an existing investment position.
- An intentionally noncommittal or ambiguous statement.
- To enclose or bound with or as if with hedges.
- To hem in, hinder, or restrict with or as if with a hedge.
- To minimize or protect against the loss of by counterbalancing one transaction, such as a bet, against another.
- To plant or cultivate hedges.
- To take compensatory measures so as to counterbalance possible loss.
- To avoid making a clear, direct response or statement.
- verb - to surround with a hedge (a dense row of shrubs)
There are 5 letters in HEDGE: D E E G H
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to HEDGE
Click to search all anagrams of HEDGE plus a wildcard: HEDGE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word HEDGE
Images for HEDGE
Lookup in Wiki for HEDGE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.