Scrabble word: WEDGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does WEDGE exist?
Definitions of WEDGE in dictionaries:
- noun - any shape that is triangular in cross section
- noun - a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments)
- noun - a diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as the letter c) to indicate pronunciation
- noun - a heel that is an extension of the sole of the shoe
- noun - (golf) an iron with considerable loft and a broad sole
- noun - something solid that is usable as an inclined plane (shaped like a V) that can be pushed between two things to separate them
- noun - a block of wood used to prevent the sliding or rolling of a heavy object
- verb - put, fix, force, or implant
- verb - squeeze like a wedge into a tight space
- A piece of material, such as metal or wood, thick at one edge and tapered to a thin edge at the other for insertion in a narrow crevice, used for splitting, tightening, securing, or levering.
- Something shaped like a wedge: a wedge of pie.
- A wedge-shaped formation, as in football or ground warfare.
- Something that intrudes and causes division or disruption: His nomination drove a wedge into party unity.
- Something that forces an opening or a beginning: a wedge in the war on poverty.
- An iron golf club with a very slanted face, used to lift the ball, as from sand.
- One of the triangular characters of cuneiform writing.
- To split or force apart with or as if with a wedge.
- To fix in place or tighten with a wedge.
- To become lodged or jammed.
- verb - to force apart with a wedge (a tapering piece of wood or metal)