Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: WEDGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does WEDGE exist?
Definitions of WEDGE in dictionaries:
- noun - any shape that is triangular in cross section
- noun - a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments)
- noun - a diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as the letter c) to indicate pronunciation
- noun - a heel that is an extension of the sole of the shoe
- noun - (golf) an iron with considerable loft and a broad sole
- noun - something solid that is usable as an inclined plane (shaped like a V) that can be pushed between two things to separate them
- noun - a block of wood used to prevent the sliding or rolling of a heavy object
- verb - put, fix, force, or implant
- verb - squeeze like a wedge into a tight space
- A piece of material, such as metal or wood, thick at one edge and tapered to a thin edge at the other for insertion in a narrow crevice, used for splitting, tightening, securing, or levering.
- Something shaped like a wedge: a wedge of pie.
- A wedge-shaped formation, as in football or ground warfare.
- Something that intrudes and causes division or disruption: His nomination drove a wedge into party unity.
- Something that forces an opening or a beginning: a wedge in the war on poverty.
- An iron golf club with a very slanted face, used to lift the ball, as from sand.
- One of the triangular characters of cuneiform writing.
- To split or force apart with or as if with a wedge.
- To fix in place or tighten with a wedge.
- To become lodged or jammed.
- verb - to force apart with a wedge (a tapering piece of wood or metal)
There are 5 letters in WEDGE: D E E G W
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to WEDGE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word WEDGE plus a wildcard: WEDGE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word WEDGE
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for WEDGE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.