Scrabble word: REED
In which Scrabble dictionary does REED exist?
Definitions of REED in dictionaries:
- noun - tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites
- noun - United States journalist who reported on the October Revolution from Petrograd in 1917
- noun - United States physician who proved that yellow fever is transmitted by mosquitoes (1851-1902)
- noun - a vibrator consisting of a thin strip of stiff material that vibrates to produce a tone when air streams over it
- noun - a musical instrument that sounds by means of a vibrating reed
- Any of various tall perennial grasses, especially of the genera Phragmites or Arundo, having hollow stems, broad leaves, and large plumelike terminal panicles.
- The stalk of any of these plants.
- A collection of these stalks: reed for making baskets.
- A primitive wind instrument made of a hollow reed stalk.
- A flexible strip of cane or metal set into the mouthpiece or air opening of certain instruments to produce tone by vibrating in response to a stream of air.
- An instrument, such as an oboe or a clarinet, that is fitted with a reed.
- A narrow, movable frame fitted with reed or metal strips that separate the warp threads in weaving.
- A reeding.
- verb - to fasten with reeds (the stalks of tall grasses)
There are 4 letters in REED: D E E R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to REED
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word REED plus a wildcard: REED?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word REED
Images for REED
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.