Scrabble word: REED
In which Scrabble dictionary does REED exist?
Definitions of REED in dictionaries:
- noun - tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites
- noun - United States journalist who reported on the October Revolution from Petrograd in 1917
- noun - United States physician who proved that yellow fever is transmitted by mosquitoes (1851-1902)
- noun - a vibrator consisting of a thin strip of stiff material that vibrates to produce a tone when air streams over it
- noun - a musical instrument that sounds by means of a vibrating reed
- Any of various tall perennial grasses, especially of the genera Phragmites or Arundo, having hollow stems, broad leaves, and large plumelike terminal panicles.
- The stalk of any of these plants.
- A collection of these stalks: reed for making baskets.
- A primitive wind instrument made of a hollow reed stalk.
- A flexible strip of cane or metal set into the mouthpiece or air opening of certain instruments to produce tone by vibrating in response to a stream of air.
- An instrument, such as an oboe or a clarinet, that is fitted with a reed.
- A narrow, movable frame fitted with reed or metal strips that separate the warp threads in weaving.
- A reeding.
- verb - to fasten with reeds (the stalks of tall grasses)