Scrabble word: GRANT
In which Scrabble dictionary does GRANT exist?
Definitions of GRANT in dictionaries:
- noun - any monetary aid
- noun - the act of providing a subsidy
- noun - (law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance
- noun - Scottish painter
- noun - United States actor (born in England) who was the elegant leading man in many films (1904-1986)
- noun - 18th President of the United States
- noun - a contract granting the right to operate a subsidiary business
- noun - a right or privilege that has been granted
- verb - let have
- verb - give as judged due or on the basis of merit
- verb - be willing to concede
- verb - allow to have
- verb - bestow, especially officially
- verb - give over
- verb - transfer by deed
- To consent to the fulfillment of: grant a request.
- To accord as a favor, prerogative, or privilege: granted the franchise to all citizens.
- To bestow; confer: grant aid.
- To transfer (property) by a deed.
- To concede; acknowledge: I grant the genius of your plan, but you still will not find backers.
- The act of granting.
- Something granted.
- A giving of funds for a specific purpose: federal grants for medical research.
- A transfer of property by deed.
- The property so transferred.
- The deed by which the property is so transferred.
- These verbs mean to give as a favor, prerogative, or privilege.
- verb - to bestow upon