Scrabble word: TAG
In which Scrabble dictionary does TAG exist?
Definitions of TAG in dictionaries:
- noun - a label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.
- noun - a label associated with something for the purpose of identification
- noun - a small piece of cloth or paper
- noun - a game in which one child chases the others
- noun - (sports) the act of touching a player in a game (which changes their status in the game)
- verb - attach a tag or label to
- verb - touch a player while he is holding the ball
- verb - provide with a name or nickname
- verb - go after with the intent to catch
- verb - supply (blank verse or prose) with rhymes
- A strip of leather, paper, metal, or plastic attached to something or hung from a wearer’s neck to identify, classify, or label: sale tags on all coats and dresses.
- The plastic or metal tip at the end of a shoelace.
- The contrastingly colored tip of an animal’s tail.
- A bright piece of feather, floss, or tinsel surrounding the shank of the hook on a fishing fly.
- A dirty, matted lock of wool.
- A loose lock of hair.
- A rag; a tatter.
- A small, loose fragment: I heard only tags and snippets of what was being said.
- An ornamental flourish, especially at the end of a signature.
- A designation or an epithet, especially an unwelcome one: He did not take kindly to the tag of pauper.
- A brief quotation used in a discourse to give it an air of erudition or authority: Shakespearean tags.
- A cliché, saw, or similar short, conventional idea used to embellish a discourse: These tags of wit and wisdom bore me.
- The refrain or last lines of a song or poem.
- The closing lines of a speech in a play; a cue.
- A label assigned to identify data in memory.
- A graffito featuring a word or words, especially the author’s name, rather than a picture: “Instead of a cursive linear tag, Super Kool painted his name along the exterior of a subway car in huge block pink and yellow letters” (Eric Scigliano).
- To put a ticket on (a motor vehicle) for a traffic or parking violation.
- To charge with a crime: The suspect was tagged for arson.
- To add as an appendage to: tagged an extra paragraph on the letter.
- To follow closely: Excited children tagged the circus parade to the end of its route.
- To follow after; accompany: tagged after me everywhere; insisted on tagging along.
- A children’s game in which one player pursues the others until he or she is able to touch one of them, who then in turn becomes the pursuer.
- The act of putting another player out by touching the player with the ball when he or she is not on base.
- The act of touching a player as a substitute for tackling in touch football.
- To touch (another player) in the game of tag.
- To touch (a runner) with the ball in order to put that player out.
- To touch (the runner) as a substitute for tackling in touch football.
- verb - to provide with a tag (an identifying marker)
There are 3 letters in TAG: A G T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to TAG
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word TAG plus a wildcard: TAG?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word TAG
Images for TAG
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.