Scrabble word: GATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does GATE exist?
Definitions of GATE in dictionaries:
- noun - a movable barrier in a fence or wall
- noun - a computer circuit with several inputs but only one output that can be activated by particular combinations of inputs
- noun - total admission receipts at a sports event
- noun - passageway (as in an air terminal) where passengers can embark or disembark
- verb - supply with a gate
- verb - control with a valve or other device that functions like a gate
- verb - restrict (school boys') movement to the dormitory or campus as a means of punishment
- A structure that can be swung, drawn, or lowered to block an entrance or a passageway.
- An opening in a wall or fence for entrance or exit.
- The structure surrounding such an opening, such as the monumental or fortified entrance to a palace or walled city.
- A means of access: the gate to riches.
- A passageway, as in an airport terminal, through which passengers proceed for embarkation.
- A mountain pass.
- The total paid attendance or admission receipts at a public event: a good gate at the football game.
- A device for controlling the passage of water or gas through a dam or conduit.
- The channel through which molten metal flows into a shaped cavity of a mold.
- A passage between two upright poles through which a skier must go in a slalom race.
- A circuit with multiple inputs and one output that is energized only when a designated set of input pulses is received.
- To confine (a student) to the grounds of a college as punishment.
- To select part of (a wave) for transmission, reception, or processing by magnitude or time interval.
- To discharge from a job.
- To reject or jilt.
- A particular way of acting or doing; manner.
- A path or way.
- verb - to supply with a gate (a movable barrier)