Scrabble word: GENDER
In which Scrabble dictionary does GENDER exist?
Definitions of GENDER in dictionaries:
- noun - a grammatical category in inflected languages governing the agreement between nouns and pronouns and adjectives
- noun - the properties that distinguish organisms on the basis of their reproductive roles
- A grammatical category used in the analysis of nouns, pronouns, adjectives, and, in some languages, verbs that may be arbitrary or based on characteristics such as sex or animacy and that determines agreement with or selection of modifiers, referents, or grammatical forms.
- One category of such a set.
- The classification of a word or grammatical form in such a category.
- The distinguishing form or forms used.
- Traditionally, gender has been used primarily to refer to the grammatical categories of “masculine,” “feminine,” and “neuter”; but in recent years the word has become well established in its use to refer to sex-based categories, as in phrases such as gender gap and the politics of gender.
- verb - to bring into existence