Scrabble word: POSTURE
In which Scrabble dictionary does POSTURE exist?
Definitions of POSTURE in dictionaries:
- noun - the arrangement of the body and its limbs
- noun - characteristic way of bearing one's body
- noun - a rationalized mental attitude
- noun - capability in terms of personnel and materiel that affect the capacity to fight a war
- verb - behave affectedly or unnaturally in order to impress others
- verb - assume a posture as for artistic purposes
- A position of the body or of body parts: a sitting posture.
- An attitude; a pose: assumed a posture of angry defiance.
- A characteristic way of bearing one’s body; carriage: stood with good posture.
- Relative placement or arrangement: the posture of the buildings on the land.
- A stance or disposition with regard to something: “Those bases are essential to our military posture in the Middle East” (Gerard Smith).
- A frame of mind affecting one’s thoughts or behavior; an overall attitude.
- To assume an exaggerated or unnatural pose or mental attitude; attitudinize.
- To put into a specific posture; pose.
- verb - to assume a particular position