Scrabble word: SPUR
In which Scrabble dictionary does SPUR exist?
Definitions of SPUR in dictionaries:
- noun - a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something
- noun - any sharply pointed projection
- noun - tubular extension at the base of the corolla in some flowers
- noun - a sharp prod fixed to a rider's heel and used to urge a horse onward
- noun - a railway line connected to a trunk line
- verb - incite or stimulate
- verb - give heart or courage to
- verb - strike with a spur
- verb - goad with spurs
- verb - equip with spurs
- A short spike or spiked wheel that attaches to the heel of a rider’s boot and is used to urge a horse forward.
- Something that serves as a goad or an incentive.
- A spinelike process on the leg of some birds.
- A climbing iron; a crampon.
- A gaff attached to the leg of a gamecock.
- A short or stunted branch of a tree.
- A bony outgrowth or protuberance.
- A lateral ridge projecting from a mountain or mountain range.
- An oblique reinforcing prop or stay of timber or masonry.
- A tubular or saclike extension of the corolla or calyx of a flower, as in a columbine or larkspur.
- An ergot growing on rye.
- A spur track.
- To urge (a horse) on by the use of spurs.
- To incite or stimulate: “A business tax cut is needed to spur industrial investment” (New York Times).
- To ride quickly by spurring a horse.
- To proceed in haste.
- verb - to urge on with a spur (a horseman's goad)
There are 4 letters in SPUR: P R S U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to SPUR
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word SPUR plus a wildcard: SPUR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word SPUR
Images for SPUR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.