Scrabble word: SUFFOCATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUFFOCATE exist?
Definitions of SUFFOCATE in dictionaries:
- verb - deprive of oxygen and prevent from breathing
- verb - impair the respiration of or obstruct the air passage of
- verb - become stultified, suppressed, or stifled
- verb - suppress the development, creativity, or imagination of
- verb - be asphyxiated
- verb - feel uncomfortable for lack of fresh air
- verb - struggle for breath
- To kill or destroy by preventing access of air or oxygen.
- To impair the respiration of; asphyxiate.
- To cause discomfort to by or as if by cutting off the supply of fresh air.
- To suppress the development, imagination, or creativity of; stifle: “The rigid formality of the place suffocated her” (Thackeray).
- To die from lack of air or oxygen; be asphyxiated.
- To feel discomfort from lack of fresh air.
- To become or feel suppressed; be stifled.