Scrabble word: AFFECT
In which Scrabble dictionary does AFFECT exist?
Definitions of AFFECT in dictionaries:
- noun - the conscious subjective aspect of feeling or emotion
- verb - have an effect upon
- verb - act physically on
- verb - connect closely and often incriminatingly
- verb - make believe with the intent to deceive
- verb - have an emotional or cognitive impact upon
- To have an influence on or effect a change in: Inflation affects the buying power of the dollar.
- To act on the emotions of; touch or move.
- To attack or infect, as a disease: Rheumatic fever can affect the heart.
- A feeling or emotion as distinguished from cognition, thought, or action.
- A strong feeling having active consequences.
- A disposition, feeling, or tendency.
- To have or show a liking for: affects dramatic clothes.
- To fancy; love.
- To tend to by nature; tend to assume: a substance that affects crystalline form.
- To imitate; copy: “Spenser, in affecting the ancients, writ no language” (Ben Jonson).
- verb - to give a false appearance of