Scrabble word: FACE
In which Scrabble dictionary does FACE exist?
Definitions of FACE in dictionaries:
- noun - the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear
- noun - the feelings expressed on a person's face
- noun - the general outward appearance of something
- noun - the striking or working surface of an implement
- noun - a part of a person that is used to refer to a person
- noun - a surface forming part of the outside of an object
- noun - the part of an animal corresponding to the human face
- noun - the side upon which the use of a thing depends (usually the most prominent surface of an object)
- noun - a contorted facial expression
- noun - a specific size and style of type within a type family
- noun - status in the eyes of others
- noun - impudent aggressiveness
- noun - a vertical surface of a building or cliff
- verb - deal with (something unpleasant) head on
- verb - oppose, as in hostility or a competition
- verb - be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point
- verb - be opposite
- verb - turn so as to face
- verb - present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize
- verb - turn so as to expose the face
- verb - line the edge (of a garment) with a different material
- verb - cover the front or surface of
- The surface of the front of the head from the top of the forehead to the base of the chin and from ear to ear.
- A person: We saw many new faces on the first day of classes.
- A person’s countenance.
- A contorted facial expression; a grimace: made a face at the prospect of eating lemons.
- Outward appearance: the modern face of the city.
- Value or standing in the eyes of others; prestige: lose face.
- Self-assurance; confidence: The team managed to maintain a firm face even in times of great adversity.
- Effrontery; impudence: had the face to question my judgment.
- The surface presented to view; the front.
- A faade.
- Outer surface: the face of the earth.
- A marked side: the face of a clock; the face of a playing card.
- The right side, as of fabric.
- A planar surface of a geometric solid.
- Any of the surfaces of a rock or crystal.
- The end, as of a mine or tunnel, at which work is advancing.
- The appearance and geologic surface features of an area of land; topography.
- A typeface or range of typefaces.
- To occupy a position with the face toward: stood and faced the audience.
- To front on: a window that faces the south.
- To confront with complete awareness: had to face the facts.
- To overcome by confronting boldly or bravely: “What this generation must do is face its problems” (John F.
- To confront with impudence.
- To be certain to encounter; have in store: An unskilled youth faces a difficult life.
- To bring or to be brought face to face with: “The prospect of military conflict... faced us with nightmarish choices” (Henry A.
- To cause (troops) to change direction by giving a command.
- To turn (a playing card) so that the face is up.
- To furnish with a surface or cover of a different material: bronze that is faced with gold foil.
- To line or trim the edge of, especially with contrasting material: face a hem with lace.
- To treat the surface of so as to smooth.
- To be turned or placed with the front toward a specified direction.
- To start play in ice hockey, lacrosse, and other games by releasing the puck or ball between two opposing players.
- In each other’s presence; in direct communication: The two world leaders at last spoke face to face.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “the front surface of the head”: turned her face away; a happy countenance; punched him in the kisser; caught a glimpse of his ugly mug; tripped and fell on her pan; caught him staring at my physiognomy; a menacing look on his puss; a noble-looking visage.
- adj - to oppose or meet defiantly [v FACED, FACING, FACES] : FACEABLE
There are 4 letters in FACE: A C E F
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FACE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FACE plus a wildcard: FACE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FACE
Images for FACE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.