Scrabble word: CHAFE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CHAFE exist?
Definitions of CHAFE in dictionaries:
- noun - soreness and warmth caused by friction
- noun - anger produced by some annoying irritation
- verb - become or make sore by or as if by rubbing
- verb - feel extreme irritation or anger
- verb - cause annoyance in
- verb - tear or wear off the skin or make sore by abrading
- verb - cause friction
- verb - warm by rubbing, as with the hands
- To wear away or irritate by rubbing.
- To annoy; vex.
- To warm by rubbing, as with the hands.
- To rub and cause irritation or friction: The high collar chafed against my neck.
- To become worn or sore from rubbing.
- To feel irritated or impatient: chafed at the delay.
- Warmth, wear, or soreness produced by friction.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to wear down or rub away a surface by or as if by scraping”: chafed my skin; a swift stream abrading boulders; an excoriated elbow; rope that fretted a groove in the post; his heel galled by an ill-fitting shoe.
- verb - to warm by rubbing