Scrabble word: OFFSET
In which Scrabble dictionary does OFFSET exist?
Definitions of OFFSET in dictionaries:
- noun - the time at which something is supposed to begin
- noun - a compensating equivalent
- noun - a horizontal branch from the base of plant that produces new plants from buds at its tips
- noun - a natural consequence of development
- noun - a plate makes an inked impression on a rubber-blanketed cylinder, which in turn transfers it to the paper
- noun - structure where a wall or building narrows abruptly
- verb - compensate for or counterbalance
- verb - make up for
- verb - cause (printed matter) to transfer or smear onto another surface
- verb - create an offset in
- verb - produce by offset printing
- An agent, an element, or a thing that balances, counteracts, or compensates for something else.
- One thing set off or developed from something else.
- The start or initial stage; the outset.
- A ledge or recess in a wall formed by a reduction in thickness above; a setoff.
- A shoot that develops laterally at the base of a plant, often rooting to form a new plant.
- A spur of a mountain range or hills.
- A bend in a pipe, bar, or other straight continuous piece made to allow it to pass around an obstruction.
- A short distance measured perpendicularly from the main line in surveying, used to help in calculating the area of an irregular plot.
- A descendant of a race or family; an offshoot.
- An unintentional or faulty transfer of wet ink from a printed sheet to another surface in contact with it.
- Offset printing.
- To counterbalance, counteract, or compensate for: fringe benefits designed to offset low salaries.
- To cause (printed matter) to transfer or smear on another surface.
- To produce by offset printing.
- To make or form an offset in (a wall, bar, or pipe).
- To develop, project, or be situated as an offset.
- To become marked by or cause an unintentional transfer of ink.
- verb - to compensate for
There are 6 letters in OFFSET: E F F O S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to OFFSET
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word OFFSET plus a wildcard: OFFSET?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word OFFSET
Images for OFFSET
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.