Scrabble word: OFFSET
In which Scrabble dictionary does OFFSET exist?
Definitions of OFFSET in dictionaries:
- noun - the time at which something is supposed to begin
- noun - a compensating equivalent
- noun - a horizontal branch from the base of plant that produces new plants from buds at its tips
- noun - a natural consequence of development
- noun - a plate makes an inked impression on a rubber-blanketed cylinder, which in turn transfers it to the paper
- noun - structure where a wall or building narrows abruptly
- verb - compensate for or counterbalance
- verb - make up for
- verb - cause (printed matter) to transfer or smear onto another surface
- verb - create an offset in
- verb - produce by offset printing
- An agent, an element, or a thing that balances, counteracts, or compensates for something else.
- One thing set off or developed from something else.
- The start or initial stage; the outset.
- A ledge or recess in a wall formed by a reduction in thickness above; a setoff.
- A shoot that develops laterally at the base of a plant, often rooting to form a new plant.
- A spur of a mountain range or hills.
- A bend in a pipe, bar, or other straight continuous piece made to allow it to pass around an obstruction.
- A short distance measured perpendicularly from the main line in surveying, used to help in calculating the area of an irregular plot.
- A descendant of a race or family; an offshoot.
- An unintentional or faulty transfer of wet ink from a printed sheet to another surface in contact with it.
- Offset printing.
- To counterbalance, counteract, or compensate for: fringe benefits designed to offset low salaries.
- To cause (printed matter) to transfer or smear on another surface.
- To produce by offset printing.
- To make or form an offset in (a wall, bar, or pipe).
- To develop, project, or be situated as an offset.
- To become marked by or cause an unintentional transfer of ink.
- verb - to compensate for