Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: FOCUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does FOCUS exist?
Definitions of FOCUS in dictionaries:
- noun - the concentration of attention or energy on something
- noun - maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system
- noun - maximum clarity or distinctness of an idea
- noun - a central point or locus of an infection in an organism
- noun - special emphasis attached to something
- noun - a point of convergence of light (or other radiation) or a point from which it diverges
- noun - a fixed reference point on the concave side of a conic section
- verb - direct one's attention on something
- verb - cause to converge on or toward a central point
- verb - bring into focus or alignment
- verb - become focussed or come into focus
- verb - put (an image) into focus
- A point at which rays of light or other radiation converge or from which they appear to diverge, as after refraction or reflection in an optical system: the focus of a lens.
- See focal length.
- The distinctness or clarity of an image rendered by an optical system.
- The state of maximum distinctness or clarity of such an image: in focus; out of focus.
- An apparatus used to adjust the focal length of an optical system in order to make an image distinct or clear: a camera with automatic focus.
- A center of interest or activity.
- Close or narrow attention; concentration: “He was forever taken aback by [New York’s] pervasive atmosphere of purposefulness—the tight focus of its drivers, the brisk intensity of its pedestrians” (Anne Tyler).
- A condition in which something can be clearly apprehended or perceived: couldn’t get the problem into focus.
- The region of a localized bodily infection or disease.
- A fixed point whose relationship with a directrix determines a conic section.
- To cause (light rays, for example) to converge on or toward a central point; concentrate.
- To render (an object or image) in clear outline or sharp detail by adjustment of one’s vision or an optical device; bring into focus.
- To adjust (a lens, for example) to produce a clear image.
- To direct toward a particular point or purpose: focused all their attention on finding a solution to the problem.
- To converge on or toward a central point of focus; be focused.
- To adjust one’s vision or an optical device so as to render a clear, distinct image.
- To concentrate attention or energy: a campaign that focused on economic issues.
- noun - a point at which rays converge or from which they diverge
- verb - to bring to a focus
There are 5 letters in FOCUS: C F O S U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to FOCUS
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word FOCUS plus a wildcard: FOCUS?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word FOCUS
Images for FOCUS
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.