Scrabble word: FOCUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does FOCUS exist?
Definitions of FOCUS in dictionaries:
- noun - the concentration of attention or energy on something
- noun - maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system
- noun - maximum clarity or distinctness of an idea
- noun - a central point or locus of an infection in an organism
- noun - special emphasis attached to something
- noun - a point of convergence of light (or other radiation) or a point from which it diverges
- noun - a fixed reference point on the concave side of a conic section
- verb - direct one's attention on something
- verb - cause to converge on or toward a central point
- verb - bring into focus or alignment
- verb - become focussed or come into focus
- verb - put (an image) into focus
- A point at which rays of light or other radiation converge or from which they appear to diverge, as after refraction or reflection in an optical system: the focus of a lens.
- See focal length.
- The distinctness or clarity of an image rendered by an optical system.
- The state of maximum distinctness or clarity of such an image: in focus; out of focus.
- An apparatus used to adjust the focal length of an optical system in order to make an image distinct or clear: a camera with automatic focus.
- A center of interest or activity.
- Close or narrow attention; concentration: “He was forever taken aback by [New York’s] pervasive atmosphere of purposefulness—the tight focus of its drivers, the brisk intensity of its pedestrians” (Anne Tyler).
- A condition in which something can be clearly apprehended or perceived: couldn’t get the problem into focus.
- The region of a localized bodily infection or disease.
- A fixed point whose relationship with a directrix determines a conic section.
- To cause (light rays, for example) to converge on or toward a central point; concentrate.
- To render (an object or image) in clear outline or sharp detail by adjustment of one’s vision or an optical device; bring into focus.
- To adjust (a lens, for example) to produce a clear image.
- To direct toward a particular point or purpose: focused all their attention on finding a solution to the problem.
- To converge on or toward a central point of focus; be focused.
- To adjust one’s vision or an optical device so as to render a clear, distinct image.
- To concentrate attention or energy: a campaign that focused on economic issues.
- noun - a point at which rays converge or from which they diverge
- verb - to bring to a focus