Scrabble word: DESOLATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DESOLATE exist?
Definitions of DESOLATE in dictionaries:
- verb - leave someone who needs or counts on you
- verb - reduce in population
- verb - cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly
- adj - providing no shelter or sustenance
- adj - crushed by grief
- Devoid of inhabitants; deserted: “streets which were usually so thronged now grown desolate” (Daniel Defoe).
- Barren; lifeless: the rocky, desolate surface of the moon.
- Rendered unfit for habitation or use: the desolate cities of war-torn Europe.
- Dreary; dismal.
- Bereft of friends or hope; sad and forlorn.
- To rid or deprive of inhabitants.
- To lay waste; devastate: “Here we have no wars to desolate our fields” (Michel Guillaume Jean de Crèvecoeur).
- To forsake; abandon.
- To make lonely, forlorn, or wretched.
- verb - to lay waste
There are 8 letters in DESOLATE: A D E E L O S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DESOLATE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DESOLATE plus a wildcard: DESOLATE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DESOLATE
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for DESOLATE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.