Scrabble word: TEASE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TEASE exist?
Definitions of TEASE in dictionaries:
- noun - someone given to teasing (as by mocking or stirring curiosity)
- noun - a seductive woman who uses her sex appeal to exploit men
- noun - the act of harassing someone playfully or maliciously (especially by ridicule)
- verb - annoy persistently
- verb - harass with persistent criticism or carping
- verb - to arouse hope, desire, or curiosity without satisfying them
- verb - tear into pieces
- verb - raise the nap of (fabrics)
- verb - disentangle and raise the fibers of
- verb - separate the fibers of
- verb - mock or make fun of playfully
- verb - ruffle (one's hair) by combing the ends towards the scalp, for a full effect
- To annoy or pester; vex.
- To make fun of; mock playfully.
- To arouse hope, desire, or curiosity in without affording satisfaction.
- To urge persistently; coax: teasing their mother for more candy.
- To gain by persistent coaxing: “the New York editor who could tease great books from the unpromising woolly jumble of an author’s first draft” (Ian Jack).
- To deal with or have an effect on as if by teasing.
- To cut (tissue, for example) into pieces for examination.
- To disentangle and dress the fibers of (wool, for example).
- To raise the nap of (cloth) by dressing, as with a fuller’s teasel.
- To annoy or make fun of someone persistently.
- The act of teasing.
- The state of being teased.
- One given to playful mocking.
- A woman who behaves like a coquette.
- A preliminary remark or act intended to whet the curiosity.
- adj - to make fun of [v TEASED, TEASING, TEASES] : TEASABLE