Scrabble word: DOSE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DOSE exist?
Definitions of DOSE in dictionaries:
- noun - a measured portion of medicine taken at any one time
- noun - the quantity of an active agent (substance or radiation) taken in or absorbed at any one time
- noun - a communicable infection transmitted by sexual intercourse or genital contact
- noun - street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
- verb - treat with an agent
- verb - administer a drug to
- A specified quantity of a therapeutic agent, such as a drug or medicine, prescribed to be taken at one time or at stated intervals.
- The amount of radiation administered as therapy to a given site.
- An ingredient added, especially to wine, to impart flavor or strength.
- An amount, especially of something unpleasant, to which one is subjected: a dose of hard luck.
- A venereal infection.
- To give (someone) a dose, as of medicine.
- To give or prescribe (medicine) in specified amounts.
- verb - to give a specified quantity of medicine to