Scrabble word: LOAD
In which Scrabble dictionary does LOAD exist?
Definitions of LOAD in dictionaries:
- noun - weight to be borne or conveyed
- noun - a quantity that can be processed or transported at one time
- noun - goods carried by a large vehicle
- noun - an amount of alcohol sufficient to intoxicate
- noun - the power output of a generator or power plant
- noun - an onerous or difficult concern
- noun - a deposit of valuable ore occurring within definite boundaries separating it from surrounding rocks
- noun - the front part of a guided missile or rocket or torpedo that carries the nuclear or explosive charge or the chemical or biological agents
- noun - electrical device to which electrical power is delivered
- verb - fill or place a load on
- verb - provide (a device) with something necessary
- verb - transfer from a storage device to a computer's memory
- verb - put (something) on a structure or conveyance
- verb - corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance
- A weight or mass that is supported: the load on an arch.
- The overall force to which a structure is subjected in supporting a weight or mass or in resisting externally applied forces.
- Something that is carried, as by a vehicle, a person, or an animal: a load of firewood.
- The quantity that is or can be carried at one time.
- The share of work allocated to or required of a person, a machine, a group, or an organization.
- The demand for services or performance made on a machine or system.
- The amount of material that can be inserted into a device or machine at one time: The camera has a full load of film.
- A single charge of ammunition for a firearm.
- A mental weight or burden: Good news took a load off my mind.
- A responsibility regarded as oppressive.
- The external mechanical resistance against which a machine acts.
- The power output of a generator or power plant.
- A device or the resistance of a device to which power is delivered.
- A great number or amount: loads of parties during the holiday season.
- Genetic load.
- To put (something) into or onto a structure, device, or conveyance: loading grain onto a train.
- To put something into or onto (a structure, device, or conveyance): loaded the tanker with crude oil.
- To provide or fill nearly to overflowing; heap: loaded the table with food.
- To weigh down; burden: was loaded with worries.
- To charge (a firearm) with ammunition.
- To insert a necessary material into: loaded tape into the recorder.
- To make (dice) heavier on one side by adding weight.
- To charge with additional meanings, implications, or emotional import: loaded the question to trick the witness.
- To dilute, adulterate, or doctor.
- To raise the power demand in (an electrical circuit), as by adding resistance.
- To increase (an insurance premium or a mutual fund share price) by adding expenses or sale costs.
- To have or put runners on (all three bases).
- Computer Science.
- To transfer (data) from a storage device into a computer’s memory.
- To mount (a diskette) onto a floppy disk drive.
- To mount (a magnetic tape) onto a tape drive.
- To receive a load: Container ships can load rapidly.
- To charge a firearm with ammunition.
- To put or place a load into or onto a structure, device, or conveyance.
- verb - to place in or on a means of conveyance
There are 4 letters in LOAD: A D L O
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LOAD
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word LOAD plus a wildcard: LOAD?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LOAD
Images for LOAD
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.