Scrabble word: LOSE
Is LOSE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of LOSE in dictionaries:
- verb - fail to keep or to maintain
- verb - fail to win
- verb - suffer the loss of a person through death or removal
- verb - place (something) where one cannot find it again
- verb - miss from one's possessions
- verb - allow to go out of sight
- verb - fail to make money in a business
- verb - fail to get or obtain
- verb - retreat
- verb - fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind
- verb - be set at a disadvantage
- To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; mislay: He’s always losing his keys on the way out the door.
- To come to be deprived of the ownership, care, or control of (something one has had), as by negligence, accident, or theft: I’ve lost three umbrellas this year.
- To be deprived of (something one has had): lost their lives; lost her youth through hardship.
- To be bereaved of: lost his wife.
- To be unable to keep alive: a doctor who has lost very few patients.
- To be unable to maintain, sustain, or keep: lost everything in the stock market crash; is losing supporters by changing his mind.
- To fail to win; fail in: lost the game; lost the court case.
- To fail to use or take advantage of: Don’t lose a chance to improve your position.
- To fail to hear, see, or understand: We lost the plane in the fog.
- To let (oneself) become unable to find the way.
- To remove (oneself), as from everyday reality into a fantasy world.
- To rid oneself of: lost five pounds.
- To consume aimlessly; waste: lost a week in idle occupations.
- To stray or wander from: lose one’s way.
- To elude or outdistance: lost their pursuers.
- To be outdistanced by: chased the thieves but lost them.
- To become slow by (a specified amount of time).
- To cause or result in the loss of: Failure to reply to the advertisement lost her the job.
- To cause to be destroyed.
- To cause to be damned.
- To suffer loss.
- To be defeated.
- To operate or run slow.
- To operate too slowly.
- To delay advancement.
- adj - to come to be without and be unable to find [v LOST, LOSING, LOSES] : LOSABLE
There are 4 letters in LOSE: E L O S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to LOSE
Click to search all anagrams of LOSE plus a wildcard: LOSE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word LOSE
Images for LOSE
Lookup in Wiki for LOSE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.